Title: Finance and Administration Directon
5 years or more
Zakuson Inc. was established in 1985, operating in 3 main directions: distribution of food products, vending and food stands operation. During this period, we developed a reputation and an organizational capacity that enabled us to work with the major supermarket chains (National Grocers, A&P, Dominion, Loblaws, etc.) and be awarded a multiple-location concession for food and snack distribution at various public arenas and community centers across Toronto and Markham. Also, we are a major supplier of the Russian ethnic food stuffs to the network of retail outlets catering the vast Russian community in the State of New York, USA. We deal with volumes and search the world for the products of high quality and reliable deliveries.
Responsibilities and job duties:
– Manage and provide leadership to a team of financial professionals, responsible for operational and financial reporting, development and reporting of Key Performance Indicators, operational analysis, network optimization, transportation, distribution & warehousing, return on assets and continuous operational improvement.
– Coach, mentor, and assess the finance team
– Responsible for leading the transportation, distribution & warehousing finance team supporting on-going analysis, overhead budget management, and achievement of budgeted cost savings targets. Manage cost center expenses and help business partners make better informed spending decisions
– To lead and oversee all financial operations and management for all our major supermarket chains (National Grocers, A&P, Dominion, Loblaws, Fresh Co, etc.)
– Be responsible for the account book, capital budget, cashflow, taxation matters of the company.
– Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the company providing a single administrative service or several administrative services
– Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the establishment
– Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
– To manage supply chain and cost valuation for all our products with vendors.
– To participate board meeting and deliver financial strategic model and insights to support business decision making.
– To lead all legal perspective operation for regions including organizational chart planning and entity updates.
– Provide advice and guidance to senior management and promote financial awareness to maximize returns on resources and investments by monitoring challenging financial and business performance.
– To coordinate financial department and other departments, ensuring the budget control and planning for each department are reasonable and effective.
– To mind the international monetary regulations and policies, especially state of New York, USA, because we also distribute our products to there.
– Help to draft and implement the Business Plan (explore the Asian market) by providing financial and marketing insights.
Skills and Qualifications Required for the Position
– 5 years minimum experience in both financial and management field
– Plan, administer and control budgets for client projects, contracts, equipment and supplies;
– Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services;
– Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services
– Train, direct and motivate staff; Plan and control budget and expenditures
– Specialized in Accounting, Internal audit, and Financial planning;
– Proficient user of finance software and Computer Applications (MS Access; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Word; MS Office; MS Outlook)
– A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
– Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Zakuson Inc. offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.