Westcoast Poultry Services Inc. is looking for a passionate and experienced farm worker for the main purpose of catching live chickens and transferring them for the plant processing as well as other general duties as follows:
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking to expand our team with a permanent full-time farm worker, responsible for:
* Catching chickens in hands and placing them in drawers without harming the chickens
* Recording totals packed or crating on shipping or storage document.
* Preparing feeding and breeding reports.
* Checking poultry houses for disinfectants spraying and vaccines.
* Nurturing and tending livestock and poultry
* Being familiarized and adhering to food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
* Performing breeding activities of farm animals
* Regular checking of crops, livestock, and poultry to diagnose the disease and health issues
* Setting and controlling water lines, airflow, and temperature in pens and chicken coops, as well as cleaning and maintaining pens and coops
* Completion of secondary school
*1 to 2 years of farm working experience
* Basic farm knowledge acquired
Contact information/how to apply:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.