Position: Tuning Specialist / Diagnostic Technician
Salary: $34/hour to $40/hour
Terms of Employment: Full-Time / Permanent
Place of Work: Richmond (12500 Bridgeport Road Richmond B.C. V6V 1J5)
The Tuning Specialist is responsible for remapping Ecus, writing maps, solving problems between car’s electric systems. This includes CAN/LIN bus messages communicating between modules. Tuning specialist also needs to solve immobilizer problems when engine module is malfunction and needed to program a new one. Electric board soldering skill is necessary. The tuning specialist needs to remove Eepeom/Flash, write in correct software with programmer and solder them back
The Diagnostic Technician is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and servicing mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars and SUVs. The candidate must also demonstrate a commitment to customer service and quality of work.
• Review and discuss work orders with customers and supervisor
• Extract binary files from engine control unit.
• Locate the maps and calculate the values, design correct mapping with other modification add on.
• Road test / Dyno test the vehicles to ensure the best performance are met.
• Locate faults and malfunctions
• Use specialized equipment to inspect, diagnose, and test vehicles, mechanical, and electronic components
• Repair, adjust, and/or replace mechanical, electrical, and other components
• Road test vehicles to ensure tuning/repairs are complete and vehicles are safe to drive
• Ensure tunings are to standard of expectation performance specifications
• Train or advise team members on diagnosis
• Discuss with clients repairs to be done prior to tuning/repair, and report to client after jobs complete
• Solve problems of any DTC code.
• Minimum education: High School completion, post-secondary education an asset
• At least 3 years of related experience
• Experience in customer service
• Organized and attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team or individual
• Management/Leadership experience an asset