At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Senior Manager, Client Relationships and Operations (Ottawa or Toronto)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Housing Solutions – Multi-Unit team, where our partners see CMHC as a catalyst to address housing supply challenges. You will bring your skills and passion for the delivery and management of financing the construction of rental housing as part of the National Housing Strategy (NHS).
• Providing strategic direction and leadership to regional operations and client relationship management within the sector.
• Leading and managing relationships with partners to build the links needed to deliver comprehensive services to clients.
• Mobilizing teams, aligning work and systems to achieve program and policy efficiencies and results.
• Developing objectives and taking responsibility for engagement, enabling a culture of learning, performance management and accountability within a divisional group.
• Delegating responsibility and accountability to build organizational capabilities, whiles taking ownership and acknowledging the impact and outcome of decisions.
• Providing regional business intelligence and knowledge of regional operating environment to the national management table.
• Stimulating the development of multi-unit housing, providing expertise and financing solutions with the goal of increasing housing supply.
• Undergraduate degree in business, commerce, or a related field.
• Minimum of ten years of relevant experience, including three years of people management experience.
• Solid knowledge of housing finance, financing solutions, and of planning, delivery, administration, and housing project portfolio management systems.
• Additionally, the ability to analyze, reason, and work within complex frameworks and grey areas,
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5719
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON)