Who we are
Powered by a passionate and committed national network, the Institute for Canadian Citizenship (ICC) delivers programs and special projects that inspire Canadians to be inclusive, create opportunities to connect, and encourage active citizenship. The ICC is a national charity co-founded by the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson and John Ralston Saul.
The ICC’s Building Citizenship team delivers the most rewarding events in Canada – enhanced Canadian citizenship ceremonies. The Engagement Coordinator supports the planning of these high-profile events, as part of a team that delivers 60 events across the country every year. In addition, the Operations Assistant supports special projects and special events across the organization.
1) Event Coordination and Logistics:
Plan and organize hospitality elements of events including catering, tables, chairs, linens and other rentals as required.
Plan and organize the logistics for Indigenous representatives and ceremony performers.
Provide support to help manage logistics for special guests, roundtable hosts, and platform party guests.
2) Data Management & Reporting:
Manage ceremony and partner records in Salesforce CRM and event workplans.
Provide support in developing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
3) Coordination and Support:
· Provide direct support to ensure smooth delivery of planned events from conception through completion.
· Plan and organize day of ceremony materials including ceremony kits, handouts, signage, etc.
· Supporting the development of event specific communication materials, including as an example: interacting with and pitching stories to media, increasing our presence on social media and brainstorming storytelling ideas.
4) Financial and Administration:
· Process invoices and payments in a timely manner.
· Other duties as needed and requested by Operations Lead or Director.
5) Special Projects
Accountable for supporting special projects as assigned, coordinating the activities of others in order to accomplish business objectives, while continuing to deliver daily functions.
Actively engaged in research for development of new programs and initiatives.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications
Fully bilingual – Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and French
University or College degree/diploma
Experience in event planning and project management
Proficient with Microsoft Office and databases (Salesforce or other CRM)
Outstanding planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Independent self-starter who can drive results in a dynamic and evolving environment
Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion
· Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
· Ability to travel occasionally in Canada
Added qualifications that would be an asset
Hospitality industry training or experience
Background or interests in marketing communications
Comfort with public speaking
Experience in Partner Management
Valid driver’s license
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ICC is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.
Tagged as: event planning, not for profit