Work should be so much more than just a job you do to earn a paycheque. And at SGI, it is.
We provide opportunities. The opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community. The opportunity to expand your professional skills and grow your career. And the opportunity to come to work every day to a job you’re passionate about and that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled.
Now that we’ve (hopefully!) sparked your interest, here’s some good news: we’re hiring!
SGI is proud to partner with Crown Investments Corporation to help launch a new Indigenous internship program – Crown Career Pathways. This internship program has been developed in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Call to Action #92, which calls for increased employment opportunities for Indigenous peoples.
The program has been developed by Crown Investments Corporation and Saskatchewan’s Crown corporations to provide a mechanism to bridge Indigenous graduates from eligible post-secondary institutes into permanent employment opportunities with the Crown sector, provincial government or the private sector in Saskatchewan.
We’re looking for two Interns – one in Human Resources and one in our Finance division.
We hope you consider applying if you:
• Are ready to bring your knowledge to SGI.
• Pay attention to the details.
• Can set priorities for various tasks.
• Can work independently and as part of a team.
• Want to use your leadership skills for good – like actively supporting SGI’s culture, expanding your own learning, and supporting your colleagues as they do the same.
Self-declared Indigenous graduates, within two years following graduation, are eligible for the program. Interns must have graduated in a relevant field of study such as Business or Accounting from a post-secondary institute in Saskatchewan as recognized by the Government of Saskatchewan.
What else do we offer?
• A positive, healthy work culture – Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
• Awesome people – Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work family you didn’t know you needed.
• Benefits – 15 vacation days and 10 sick days.
To learn more about these positions, check out the full postings. Remember, the position closes Sunday, December 10, 2023, so submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. SK time.