We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our fast paced, growing firm. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the Executive Assistant to the Co-CEOs. You will need to be reliable and highly organized. You will demonstrate initiative and proactivity, resourcefulness, independent judgment, and strong attention to detail. You will have a big impact on our business and culture as you interact directly with our Co-CEOs, clients, and the Senior Management
Team. To provide effective and efficient services, you will be expected to be flexible in terms of hours of work and be able to accept and assume responsibility covering the hours in the Pacific Time Zone. You will also be expected to have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion, and professionalism and must maintain confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact at all times.
Who are we?
Grayhawk is an independent Canadian wealth management firm focused on disrupting the way UHNW Canadian families, foundations, and endowments preserve their wealth and prepare for transition through building wealth stewardship within the next generation. Today, we partner with over forty families and manage over $1B in AUM. We have bold growth objectives and are building a preeminent team to meet those goals.
Our purpose at Grayhawk is to partner with successful Canadian families and their advisors to create their unique legacies leading to a meaningful impact for generations to come. We also operate as an out-sourced Chief Investment Officer for foundations and endowments seeking world-class investment management and independence.
As an independent investment firm, we transform investable wealth into a portfolio of institutional quality investments with seamless and responsive service. Through aligned interests, our team delivers a personalized experience focused on education and transparency while simplifying complexity.
We accomplish our purpose by nurturing relationships with each family and stakeholder to cultivate a deep understanding of their aspirations and collaborate with them to protect and grow intergenerational wealth.
Our Organizational Culture Differentiates Us
We are a growing, entrepreneurial, and innovative organization that shares a common set of values. They shape our behaviour and create our culture. These values guide how we live every day with our work and with our families. We aspire to build a culture of partnership with our clients and with each other. We are:
Resilient: We are fiercely determined. Acting with resolve in the face of the unexpected is the measure of a committed partner. Embracing opportunities and accepting challenges are equally important to achieving success over the long term. Teams collaborate and are enthusiastic. Successful teams are accountable.
Transparent: We aspire to build meaningful and valued partnerships. Trust and transparency are essential. Trust is forged on openness. Partners have the courage of their convictions and speak up. They act with integrity and take responsibility for their actions.
Authentic: Creating dialogue is important and listening is essential. It is founded on being purposeful, reliable and genuine while at the same time being empathetic and respectful. Being authentic means acting with confidence and without arrogance. We strive for a reputation of substance and humility.
Purpose-Led: We are comfortable being first movers and leveraging innovative technology and investment solutions in order to better serve our families. Curiosity, intelligence and the desire to continuously improve are important in driving an entrepreneurial culture.
Key Responsibilities in the Administrative Assistant role:
Takes direction from the Executive Assistant to assist in:
• Managing the flow of calendars and information in a proactive manner that stays ahead of the requests. Provide standard replies that reflect Grayhawk’s culture and communication style and escalating as required.
• Manage and coordinate meetings including organizing conference calls. Proactively prevents and resolves conflicts immediately and in advance of the upcoming two weeks where possible.
• Responsible for arranging for courier deliveries and pickups, using judgment to assess urgency.
• Arrange travel, ground transportation and accommodations as needed using our travel agent and local vendors.
• Manage travel expenses and credit card reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner for the Co-CEOs.
• Preparation of professional correspondence, presentations, materials and reports as needed.
• Maintain electronic filing and record keeping of all documents.
• Enter new account information and notes into Salesforce.
• Prepare meeting notes for the next day’s meetings.
• Arrange for delivery of gifts.
• Make restaurant reservations.
• Arrange for catering.
• Prepare Confidentiality Agreements and Mutual Non-disclosure Agreements.
• Welcome and greet all guests who visit the office in a friendly and professional manner.
• Ensure boardrooms and common areas are clean and tidy prior to and post meetings.
• Monitor inventory of office and kitchen supplies and place orders as required.
• Manage relations with suppliers and initiate inquiries when needed.
• Coordinate repairs to office equipment.
What do you need to Succeed?
• Degree or Diploma in Business Administration
• 3+ years of direct work experience in an administrative capacity.
• Advanced skills in MS Office are mandatory (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Experience with Salesforce is an asset
• Experience with Concur is an asset
• Professional services experience is an asset
• You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and results-focussed with the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize high volume workload and meet deadlines for tasks/assignments.
• You are agile and able to pivot in a different direction smoothly and calmly when circumstances change unexpectedly.
• You have very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively manage expectations.
• You are positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated, confident and resourceful. You have an endless supply of energy and are a team player with strong problem-solving skills.
• You have the ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information, and are able to retain professionalism, tact, and composure at all times
• You exemplify our values of being resilient, transparent, authentic and disruptive.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to: