Position: Food Service Supervisor
Language: English (Above Average written and spoken)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (6311)
NOC Job Title: Food Service Supervisor
Job Address: 1222 Robson Street V6C 1C1 – 1094 Denman Street V6G 2M8
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
This well-established downtown Vancouver multi-location gelato caffé store is looking for a hardworking and energetic individual to fill the position of “Food Service Supervisor”.
Reporting to the Store Manager, your duties and responsibilities include the coordination, supervision and administration of food and beverage presentation, staff scheduling and supervision, and the creation, maintenance and enhancement of customer experiences which include both in store and at specific events. You have the ability to create and maintain a well-developed store culture and positively contribute to our new world/old world environment and experience.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule front service staff activities in the preparation, portioning and presentation of frozen, semi frozen and unfrozen food products and beverages;
• Plan, supervise, coordinate and schedule specific activities and food product needs for and at specific events hosted or catered by the company;
• Food product inventory control which includes ordering of ingredients, product and supplies as required in the production;
• Preparation and presentation of various food and beverage items, plating etc and including preparation and submittal of related reporting;
• Establish and implement methods and procedures to maintain, implement, and enforce food safe standards, procedures and processes;
• Planning of and implementing daily or monthly specials, and or specific menus;
• Ensure all processes and procedures are followed and implemented;
• Implement, enhance and develop service staff training including food safety and sanitation procedures;
• Maintain records of stocks, equipment temperatures, maintenance requirements, sales categories and wastage;
• May participate in the selection of front service staff and assist in the development of policies;
• Coordinate, supervise, facilitate and assist in training staff as required in specific related duties and responsibilities;
• Resolve or escalate customers’ complains and concerns;
• May include opening and or closing procedure implementation;
• Assist in budget development of specific products costing and pricing to differing levels.
• Reasonable command of the English Language spoken and written.
• Completion of secondary school level or higher.
• Minimum of 1 year related experience.
• Food Safe Certification Level 1 or higher.
• Understanding and knowledge of the “Italian Food” culture and or language is an asset but not a requirement.
• Knowledge and understanding of frozen dessert products or related may be an asset.
• Self-motivated with ability to supervise staff.
• Results oriented.
• Strong team player with above average interpersonal and communication skills with customer service focus.
• Ambitious, proactive nature with positive attitude.
• Ability to work under pressure with problem solving abilities.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume in confidence to: plb at dorogc dot com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.