This grooming shop is looking for full-time (permanent position) experienced groomer to join our team. Preferred candidate should be able to groom 6-7 dogs per day (with a bather) and be able to do teddy bear cuts and breed standard trims, also performing a great scissoring skill. Attention to details is important, a quality groom over quantity. It is Monday to Friday + every second Saturday work schedule,40 hr weekly total. Above address is location of work. Wage is CAD25/hr.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greet customers in a friendly manner, check in/ check out.
• Great time management and organization skills
• Check dogs over thoroughly before grooming for any injuries.
• Perform haircuts to the owners’ specifications or breed standards
• Perform nail trims, ear cleaning and express anal glands when requested
• Treat all animals in grooming salon with care and concern for wellbeing throughout their appointment (lots of cuddles and kisses)
• Ensure salon is cleaned and ready for use before you leave every time
• Minimum of 3 years’ dog grooming experience
• Secondary(high) school graduation certificate
• Responsible and a gentle, patient and positive demeanor is a must.
• Must be able to provide superior customer service
• Experienced with positive handling techniques and force free methods.
• Ensure the safety and security of dogs.
• Exceptional grooming and hand-scissoring skills
• Knowledgeable and experienced with breed clips
• Creative and passionate about grooming
• Natural aptitude for cleanliness and organization
• Ability to lift 50-60lbs.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to make decisions and solve complex problems
• Own grooming equipment (clippers, brushes, scissors, blades and other)
• On-site parking
• Casual dress
• Shop discount
• Company events
Our ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of dog’s behaviour and overall health.
Candidate should be fluent in English language (spoken and written)
If you find yourself to be a right person and would like to join our small team in friendly atmosphere workplace, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: bonnieland email@example.com
Please send us a copy of your resume and portfolio. Thank you for your interest in advance and we will contact you for an interview and practical if we are intrigued.