ABOUT THE POSITION
The role of a Dental Laboratory Assistant is to assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures, and other dental services in the Dental Laboratory. They assist in preparing plaster models, moulds from dental impressions, wax bite-blocks and impression trays under the direct supervision of dental technologists and technicians. We need a candidate with minimum 1-year experience in dental health care. A candidate with more experience in dental health services will be preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Altum Dental Lab Group is a leader in the advancement and innovation of the dental lab industry (https://www.altumdlg.com/). The Company is doing business as Balmoral Dental Designs. Balmoral Dental Designs is Thunder Bay and Northern Ontario’s leading, full-service dental laboratory, specializing in comprehensive, state-of-the-art, esthetic and restorative dentistry. A fully digital lab at the cutting edge of technology, offering our customers the latest and most up to date restorative options. Now the company serve three locations at Thunder Bay, Sudbury, and Sault Ste Marie. Our highly trained technicians are fully equipped to deal with all aspects of the design process. For further information on services visit our website at https://balmoraldental.ca/thunder-bay/
Language: English (required)
Education: College Degree or Diploma (required)
1-year work experience in dental health care is required. The employer will also provide on-site training for the role. However, a candidate with more experience will be preferred.
• Bonuses to be decided after performance review
• Overtime pays at 1.5 times per hour after 44 hours a week
• Western Financial Group Benefits after 3 months of employment
• Workers’ compensation insurance
• Monday to Friday (8 am to 5 PM)
• 40 hours/week (Fixed)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Repetitive tasks
• Physically demanding
• Attention to detail
• Work under pressure
Relocation Costs: Employer will reimburse some portion of the relocation costs.
Work Site Environment: Dental laboratory, stand-alone building, dental equipment, loud at times, regular workplace temperature, and employee will be sitting/working at the bench.
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Quick learner
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Job duties and required skills:
● Fabricating dental prosthetics
● Layer porcelain
● Cad design
● Cad cam and milling
● Familiarity with the denture work
● Ability to shape and contour restorations under the supervision of dental technicians
● Ability to use 3 Shape, exocad (software)
● Familiarity with dental materials and dental anatomy
● Working under microscope
● Ability to wok with zirconia, exam, and different dental materials
● Familiarity with implant restorations
• Capability to organize time
• Ability to set priorities,
• Meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
• Must work well with others.
• Primary location at 109 Algoma St. S, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 3B7
Work remotely: No
Intended job posting audience:
Only persons who are legally entitled to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your application.
How to apply: Send the following information by email at email@example.com
• Cover letter
• Reference letters (if available)
Balmoral Dental Designs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.