Black Gropper is a progressive law firm in Vancouver providing a full range of services to trade unions and employees in labour, employment and human rights law. We have a long standing and varied clientele of which we are extremely proud, and we continue to grow and develop new client relationships. We take an innovative approach to our work, and strive to work collaboratively.
We are seeking an experienced legal administrative assistant to join our team on a full-time basis. The position involves providing legal assistant support to a group of lawyers, as well as performing general office administration and reception duties.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
· Minimum experience of five (5) years experience a legal administrative assistant.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including a strong command of English grammar rules and punctuation.
· Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Work and Excel.
· A minimum typing speed of 70 wpm.
· Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, balance continuous demands and priorities and meet deadlines.
· Aptitude for working both independently and as a team member.
· Ability to maintain a calm demeanour during busy or stressful times.
· Good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
· Highly detail orientated and organized.
· Interest in and motivation to learn and develop new skills and more efficient ways to perform a variety of tasks.
· Interest or aptitude in the use of modern and relevant technology and actively improving skills for such use through informal and formal learning an asset but not essential.
· Experience in labour law, human rights law, or other areas of administrative law are an asset but not essential.
Black Gropper offers compensation that is competitive with respect to salary, extended health benefits and vacation.
Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Tagged as: administrative assistant, legal, ms word