At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Bilingual Advisor, Data and Information (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Enterprise Data Governance Office, where we are working to make data a catalyst for solving challenges for housing affordability. As the Advisor, Data and Information at CMHC, you will build the relationships required to maximize the value of data assets within the governance framework. You will oversee the integration of data management principles into the organization’s business processes, into our transformational projects, and into the design and operation of information technology systems driving efficiencies and value to the business areas and external partners.
• Engaging with stakeholders to identify data solutions, to implement data governance best practices and to align with our enterprise data governance framework.
• Identifying and implementing solutions to address concerns of privacy and governance and in accordance with operational, fiscal, legal and legislative requirements.
• Providing input to the Management Team on performance measurement for the enterprise function as well as direction and mentorship to team members in support of data exchange objectives.
• Providing strategic direction, as a subject matter expert, on the management of data as corporate assets.
• Communicating new ideas, prioritizing and scoping projects, supporting creation of high-level plans and leading the building of solutions to organizational needs and strategic objectives.
• Acting as a catalyst for change by building a shared vision with colleagues, and influencing the translation of vision into action
• Creating and managing the strategic roadmap for the division in collaboration with others team members.
• Undergraduate degree in computer systems or information management.
• Minimum of ten years of experience relating to data governance, including five years of leadership experience.
• Extensive experience in data governance and data management practices.
• Strong knowledge of data governance standards, implementation approaches and products.
• Ability to evolve and institutionalize behaviors for the appropriate use of data within changing privacy needs, ethical values, societal expectations and cultural norms.
• Strong record of accomplishment of building lasting business relationships.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5440
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)