The Youth Program Coordinator, delivers and evaluates programs for youth in the community to empower youth to become self-reliant, recognize the value of health and wellness and to develop life skills. The Youth Program Coordinator liaises with Health and Education staff to integrate the values and strengths of other programs.
• Diploma in social work, counselling or a related field
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Child and Family Act
• Ability to administer youth programs
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet, to the beginner level (only require basic skills)
• Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships
• Ability to self-regulate, meet deadlines, have attention to detail, and respect confidentiality
• Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and has an understanding of Aboriginal culture
• One to two years social work or counselling experience, preferably working with youth in a direct service delivery environment
• Travel to other related organization locations will be required
• Ability to carry out the physical requirements of the job which include lifting, carrying and managing equipment and supplies, as well as walking, pushing and pulling
• May be required to work some non-standard hours and flex their work day
Conditions of Employment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid BC Driver’s Licence
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Emergency First Aid Certificate, WCB approved Level 1
How to Apply:
1. Please provide a cover letter with salary expectations and availability.
Email your Application to:
Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your Application to: Fax to: 250 989-2300
Attention: Human Resources
Xatśūll First Nation (Soda Creek First Nations)
3405 Mountain House Road,
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5L5
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applications will be accepted by email, hand delivery, fax or by mail.
NOTE** Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a complete Job Description please contact the Executive Assistant at email@example.com
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.