Job Title: Part Time/On Call Janitor
The Janitor carries out janitorial tasks for the organization, ensuring all assigned buildings and facilities are routinely cleaned and maintained. As a positive, results oriented individual who must balance multiple demands, the Janitor takes a pro-active approach to initiating and following through with a variety of custodial projects, ensuring the health, safety and security of buildings and the people who use them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Generally, cleans and maintains assigned buildings ensuring floors, walls, railings, equipment, offices, washrooms, furniture, etc., are regularly cleaned, sanitized and well maintained to meet health standards including:
• Cleans offices, meeting areas and facilities
• Mops tile and concrete floor areas
• Vacuums all carpeted areas
• Dusts all furniture and fixtures as required
• Washes and disinfects all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
• Cleans all mirrors
• Replenishes toilet tissue and soap as needed
• Empties all waste baskets and garbage cans
• Places garbage in outside storage bin
• Cleans entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware
• Cleans, washes and disinfects drinking fountains
• Washes all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
• Cleans kitchen sinks and counters
• Washes and buffs floors with floor polisher
• Cleans spots on walls and toilet partitions
2. Ensures all trash receptacles are emptied for regular garbage pick up
3. Ensures building security by locking doors and ensuring all locks are functioning
4. Reports the need for repairs or property damage to the supervisor in writing as soon as possible
5. Other duties as assigned or required
• Six months to one year janitorial/custodial, maintenance, or related experience
• Non-standard hours of work
• Hazards may include use of commercial/industrial cleaning chemicals, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, operating tools and equipment
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job which include: carrying, lifting, standing, walking, sweeping, mopping and dusting
• Receives minimal supervision with occasional direction and few checks of the work performed
Conditions of Employment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
• Must provide own transportation to and from work.
• Must be able to work after hours
How to Apply:
1. Please provide a cover letter with salary expectations and availability.
Email or Fax your Information to:
Human Resources Email: email@example.com
Fax to: 250 989-2300
Mail your Information to:
Attention: Human Resources
Xatśūll First Nation (Soda Creek First Nations)
3405 Mountain House Road,
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5L5
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applications will be accepted by email, hand delivery, fax or by mail.
NOTE** Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.