The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 36,000, provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
• Hold a current Certificate of Qualification with the Ontario College of Teachers
• Completion of Part 1 of the Ontario Principal’s Qualification Program (PQP) or a commitment to complete by September 1, 2022 and completion of Part 2 of the PQP or commitment to complete by September 1, 2023. Please note that successful applicants to the pool will not be assigned to a position without successful completion of Part 1.
• Hold Religious Education Certificate, Part I or a Letter of Equivalency from OECTA Provincial/OCSTA
• Demonstrated successful teaching experience
• Have developed a professional portfolio tied to the Catholic School Level Leadership Framework that demonstrates a transformation of lifelong learning experience(s) to teaching and learning practices
• Have received certification or enrolled in the Board’s Catholic Leadership Development Program
• Master’s degree
• Evidence to demonstrate participation in leadership experiences in a variety of settings
• Evidence of a clear understanding of the purpose and nature of leadership experiences in a Catholic School and in a variety of other settings
• Have broad teaching experience in various divisions and a variety of settings
• Have a good knowledge of special education policies and procedures
• Have a good working-knowledge of computers, office software and related school technology
External Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com/. For ApplytoEducation assistance, please contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
Please ensure all documentation required is submitted. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applications must include:
• A letter of application quoting the above posting number
• A complete and up-to-date personal resume or curriculum vitae
• A copy of the candidate’s most recent Teacher Performance Appraisal.
• Letters of reference from two individuals who can provide a current professional reference (one must be the candidate’s current supervisor/principal)
• A current satisfactory pastoral reference dated within the last 12 months. The form can be found at https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
• A signed endorsement from your Family of Schools Superintendent. The endorsement form can be found at https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
• Documentation to support the qualifications and assets identified above including a copy of your current Certification of Qualification
Applicants are invited to a 30 minute Teams session for Q&As regarding the posting process on October 20, 2021 at 4pm. Please email email@example.com to attend.
Applications will be accepted until November 4, 2021 at 4 PM.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information on Criminal Background Checks, please refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.