Top Dog Pizza & Donairs is looking for an ideal candidate to fulfill an assistant Manager Position. We are transitioning towards becoming a 24/7 food service provider. We are looking to add an energetic, passionate, and dedicated team member to our management team. The position involves several management responsibilities including reporting to restaurant manager, assist in planning week to week operations, directing staff to achieve and maintain high standards and control costs. Following are some of the duties you will be expected to perform:
• Maintain Top Dog standard of operation by implementing store policies.
• Hire & train staff for various positions necessary to efficiently operate the store.
• Schedule staff based on weekly and monthly sales expectations.
• Control day to day labour and food cost while maintaining high service standards and food quality.
• Monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback.
• Oversee day to day operations including sales, food ordering, receiving, and maintaining food supplies.
• Lead team on floor during peak & late-night hours including working on food stations, delivering food, and providing customer service.
• Address any customer inquiries, complaints, or concerns in a timely, friendly, and professional manner.
• Maintain health and safety standards for staff as per Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
• Maintain food safety, cleaning, and sanitization standards as per VIHA guidelines.
• Provide Weekly and Monthly reports to Management.
• Assist in creation and implementation of marketing strategies to boost sales.
• Monitor and update management on equipment maintenance and required necessary repair.
• Completion of a college program or combined courses relative to food & hospitality management, Culinary Management program, business management or Must have at least 1 year of work experience in food industry. Management experience not a must as we are willing to train in management position.
• Food safe level 1 certification is a must.
• Some background in computer software programming or software related field will be a huge asset as job will include managing systems such as online ordering, menu programming, google analytics and AdWords as well as working with graphic designers, web developers and 3rd party software providers.
• Must be willing/able to work weekdays, weekends, and late nights.
• Must be willing to work under pressure and fast paced environment during peak service periods.
• This position will be primarily focused on late night shifts so must be willing to work late night into next morning.
• Experience relative to social media marketing and overall marketing strategy is an asset.
• Ability to supervise and direct 1-4 staff members in various positions and work responsibilities.
• Candidate must be moderately proficient in English.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Top Dog Pizza & Donair, 262B Island Hwy, Victoria, BC V9B1G5
Type of Employment: Permanent-Full Time
Salary: $17 – $20 per hour for 32-40 hours/week plus Tips & Bonuses.
Posting Effective until position fulfilled.
We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging applications from all qualified candidates including traditionally underrepresented groups such as Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities. We would appreciate your contribution in diversification of our organization.
Mail At: 262B Island Hwy, Victoria, BC V9B1G5
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org