We are seeking a dynamic, passionate LINE COOK, who is looking to join a fast-paced, talented kitchen team. This position offers the opportunity to work with a fantastic culinary team focusing on producing high quality, healthy dishes consistently for guests to enjoy on site. The role is committed to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Executing menu items from start to finish. This includes preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of dishes in a timely manner.
– Working with seasonal ingredients while maintaining knowledge of all product being used
– Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
– Working collaboratively with BOH staff
– Maintaining cleanliness of station
– Properly set up, breakdown, and clean assigned station.
– Accountable for following proper company, food & health safety and sanitation protocols
– Must have at least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
– Positive, team-player with a strong eye for detail
– Genuine interest in food and a good work ethic
– Open to constructive criticism, be an adaptable and fast learner, with a willingness to grow within the team
– Must be flexible and available to work weekends
– Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Health + Safety of our guests + employees is our top priority. Our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been recently upgraded to ensure the safety of our guests and employees: https://www.thedrake.ca/goodcleanfun/
Competitive pay ($18-20/hour + tips, benefits, seasonal bonus), employee discounts on F+B offerings and Drake General Store products, benefits, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment this is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to,BIPOC (Black,Indigenous,People of Colour);refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.