At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Student intern, Account Representative (Position can be anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make housing affordability solutions easy. You will assume the responsibility for a portfolio of accounts, including the administration and decisions relevant to contracting, advancing, servicing and lending activities for the purpose of mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving corporate objectives. You will provide superior quality service that contributes to a positive corporate image and sound business relationships with a broad range of industry clients through internal and external liaisons.
We are currently hiring for 2 full-time Student Interns for a 4-month Summer term (May – August).
• Provides effective and efficient delivery of services in contribution to service standards.
• Offers advice, support and alternative solutions to CMHC’s clients through the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the provision of responses to inquiries.
• Ensures timely and accurate servicing of accounts for own portfolio, including but not exclusive to progress advances, contracting, repayments, taxes and legal executions.
• Ensures that all documentation is in place in accordance with program audit requirements, and maintains a high standard of accuracy and data quality.
• Assumes responsibility for working in a team environment in contribution to service standards and turnaround times.
• Uses effective communication techniques, both written and oral, to deliver quality service and takes immediate action to address client needs and inquiries.
• Pursuing a college or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as business administration, accounting or legal.
• Knowledge of mortgage financing and real estate laws, default remedy and/or property administration would be an asset.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5308
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)