At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Specialist, Securization, Analytics and Reporting (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. You will design, analyze and report on performance measures related to CMHC securitization programs. Supports CMHC’s securitization activities by monitoring the Canada Mortgage Bonds (CMB) Program for the Corporation in its role as financial services advisor (FSA) to Canada Housing Trust (CHT). You will also conduct National Housing Act mortgage-backed securities (NHA MBS) pricing, price verification and assists in various activities related to each CMB debt issuance.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months.
• Computes and reports on securities guaranteed/guarantees in force, mortgage arrears and other securitization performance measures for quarterly and annual financial statements,
• Reviews Issuer NHA MBS allocation requests, and conducts quarterly NHA MBS guarantee allocations and reallocations when applicable.
• Develops and maintains models and infrastructure to support pricing valuations, analysis and reporting for the business activities, corporate plan, securities pricing and rate differential indemnity.
• Prepares monthly/quarterly reports related to CMHC securitization activities, which are distributed to senior management, public corporate reporting disclosures (Securitization Business Supplement) and various reports for regulators (Department of Finance, Bank of Canada, and Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions).
• Assists with CMB transaction execution, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and thoroughness
• Prepares and distributes daily valuation curve for pricing of NHA MBS sold to CHT.
• Monitors the compliance of securitization activities with CMB program requirements, controls and CMHC’s risk tolerance levels.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance, economics or related fields.
• Minimum of five years of prior relevant securization experience.
• Comprehensive and advanced knowledge of conceptual and transactional elements of securitization funding models.
• Broad-ranging knowledge of capital markets instruments, securitization markets, regulatory issues, accounting and disclosure standards, and trends in funding and risk management practices.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to model and assess financial risks.
• Oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
• Techniques for the measurement and understanding of financial and operational risk as well as performance.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability working in a sophisticated technological environment, using such tools as spreadsheets, databases, Bloomberg, etc.
• Post-graduate degree(s) in business, finance, economics or related fields and/or professional designations attesting specialty in the areas of finance and risk management would be considered assets (for example, CFA, FRM).
• Knowledge of Power BI, R or Python is an asset
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5710
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)