Terms of Employment: Part-Time; 20 hours per week
End-Date: September 30, 2022
Reports To: Nora Griffiths, Co-Founder, Sidekick
What we do at Sidekick:
Sidekick is part of MH3 Collective, a collective of ventures inspired and (co-) founded by Mark Harrison (MH3). We’re a team of purpose-driven strategy consultants, who offer an entrepreneurial approach to solving business challenges and maximizing impact. Our next project is to build a detailed plan that will build and assess the feasibility of introducing a varsity sport program at Yukon University. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for a Junior Research Analyst who is passionate about contributing to the betterment of their community and will play a crucial role in supporting the Sidekick consulting team.
• Conduct research on the Yukon community sport landscape, as directed by project leads, to gain an understanding of the internal and external environment of the clients we support.
• Research best practices in varsity sport from similar contexts.
• Conduct outreach to local community sport and recreation groups for participation in interviews.
• Support in conducting stakeholder interviews, capturing key responses, and summarizing findings to share with the project team.
• Attend client status meetings (virtually) and capture meeting notes.
• Must be located in the Yukon, able to work remote with a stable wi-fi connection.
• Must identify as part of the First Nations community.
• Completion of high school education is required.
• Post-secondary education (currently enrolled or recent graduation) is an asset, or an equivalent combination of education and work/life experience.
• Demonstrate an interest in management consulting, research, or sport management through work, education, and/or volunteer experience.
• Experience in sport is preferred but not required.
Our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging:
We value the diversity of the people we hire and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is one where everyone feels represented, safe and welcome. We are dedicated to actively supporting diversity, equity and inclusivity through participation in the #pulluporshutup campaign, commitment to the Black North Initiative and the creation of the Black Talent Initiative, created and launched by Mark Harrison (MH3).
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out at email@example.com