At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Senior Specialist, Compliance and Quality Assurance (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. You will bring your leadership, strategic, forward-thinking and analytical skills to develop and implement the integrated Analytics and Quality Assurance framework for Securitization Issuers and CMHC Securitization programs and provide strategic input into policy/program direction and/or risk governance, including operational risk, and internal controls in their ongoing activities and as part of strategic initiatives. You will ensure compliance with established risk governance documents and authorities in the operations of the business. You will also oversee and/or undertake the successful completion of assigned monitoring, quality assurance, compliance and oversight, from start to finish, including planning, conduct, reporting and wrap-up challenge activities /reviews within established timeframes.
• Develop and implement the Analytics and Quality Assurance framework for Securitization participants and CMHC Securitization programs using innovative techniques to challenge status quo and generate efficiencies.
• Build relationships with external and internal clients to proactively identify emergy risks and develop mitigation strategies.
• Provides substantive securitization and audit expertise and assistance in the implementation and analysis of internal controls and risk management activities.
• Communicate identified issues, complex results and risks to Securitization participants and Senior Management, influence decisions and outcomes and develop appropriate recommendations to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner and improve the Corporation’s risk posture.
• Lead and support the development and continuous improvement of risk and compliance validation protocols, risk governance documents , and develop plans, including, as applicable, objectives, risk assessment, criteria and monitoring/challenge approaches/programs for the conduct of the assignment
• Lead the execution of ongoing monitoring, testing, evaluating and reporting on key processes, controls and policy/program requirements, assessing rigor and consistency in the application of policies, procedures and controls.
• Develop and oversee the processes and practices for the collection, analysis and evaluation of information to achieve assignment objectives and to identify trends, gaps, errors and risk incidents and propose improvements necessary to cover risks.
• Directs, provides expert guidance and establishes performance measures to team members and/or consultants assigned to the assignment as needed, and supervises and reviews their work to provide performance coaching and feedback and to ensure quality of the work activities performed.
• Provide guidance on risk and control matters, including remediation actions to address issues and make recommendations for improvement to management.
• Ensure appropriate risk awareness, risk and control identification and monitoring by working closely with applicable CMHC personnel (e.g., Legal, Risk Management and other oversight/monitoring groups).
• Stay informed about corporate objectives, priorities and initiatives across CMHC to adequately identify existing and emerging risks.
• Promote and leverage appropriate industry frameworks, standards and practices, as applicable, in conducting work activities.
• Promote an effective risk culture including an awareness and accountability for identifying and managing risks.
• Analyze data sets and information to provide management with quantitative and qualitative information for decision making.
• Organize or lead meetings, committee, task force /working groups and consultative bodies to communicate risk culture, obtain inputs, promote awareness and oversight alignment practices
• Act as a liaison between 3 Line model, clients, stakeholders and related relevant business area.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance or economics.
• Minimum of seven years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong knowledge of securitization and related risks and concepts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk management, quality assurance and oversight.
• Sound leadership and interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism and political sensitivity).
• Sound strategic and forward-thinking skills.
• Sound judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
• Ability to apply judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues.
• CFA, CPA designations are an asset
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5610
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)