At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Senior Manager, Financial Solutions (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Rental Housing Finance Initiative (RHFI) team, where our partners see CMHC as a catalyst to address housing supply challenges. You will bring your skills and passion for the delivery and management of financing the construction of rental housing as part of the National Housing Strategy (NHS).
• Anticipates future needs, keeps consistent communication and tracking to ensure projects are committed within allocated annual budgets.
• Accountable for the delivery of the initiative, which includes all aspect of the product cycle including Initiation of loans, client relationship management, funding, administration and default management.
• Provides leadership in the assessment and decision making of financial applications, that is, multi-unit affordable housing loan and contribution applications, within the associated policy framework and delegated financial authorities.
• Rally individuals and national teams that interact with each other and clients across multiple time zones. Coordinate work and systems to achieve results and increase program and policy efficiencies.
• Sets goals and takes responsibility for employee engagement, fostering a culture of learning, performance management and accountability within a divisional group.
• Create opportunities to promote bilingualism and diversity, and implement practices to promote an inclusive and healthy organization that respects the diversity of people and their skills, and is free from harassment and discrimination.
• Negotiates directly with housing providers on complex applications. Manages issues of a politically sensitive nature and political pressure taking into consideration the competing interests of stakeholders. Finds an appropriate solution that is in line with the best interest of Canadians.
• Oversees the identification and management of risk by ensuring due diligence, while reviewing and approving complex applications, and monitoring compliance to product design, policies and the quality of results by reviewing key performance indicators.
• Provide strategic input into the development of policy enhancements to achieve the objectives of the National Housing Strategy and Mortgage Loan Insurance.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, real estate business, commerce or a related field to with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience and five years of supervisory and/or management experience.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of underwriting theories, principles and processes, as well as credit risk analysis, real estate financing, loan adjudication, mortgage loan insurance, financial markets and housing programs.
• Ability to make a persuasive, clear presentation of ideas that will convince others and gain acceptance of proposals or plans.
• Ability to use critical thinking, judgment and experience to find a solution when managing issues of a politically sensitive nature. Ability to act promptly to resolve conflict. Ability to think forward to detect potential problems and forthcoming challenges.
• Superior written and oral communication skills including strong negotiation skills.
• Bilingualism (French and English).
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5331
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)