At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Senior Assistant, Administrative Services
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
As part of the Chief Information Officer Sector, this role provides regional services related to security, health and safety, business continuity management, facilities management, and the procurement of service contracts.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 18 months.
• Supports Facilities Management team in planning, coordinating and implementing office renovation and lease related projects. Oversees operational procedures and processes ensuring the effective provision of facility services and space management.
• Facilitates procurement of goods and services for regional operations. Conducts best-fit assessments, makes recommendations on suppliers/services, and manages contracts.
• Actively participates in all Business Continuity related activities and acts as the alternate Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Coordinator for the region.
• Supports all activities related to security, health and safety, risk, and emergency preparedness.
• Monitors and provides guidance to workplace request processing and oversees day-to-day operations.
• Post-secondary education with related experience in business or public administration and/or minimum of one year of experience in a similar position.
• Strong familiarization with computers.
• High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy) and ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated client focus.
• High level of independence, initiative and organization skills.
• First Aid Certified and training in emergency preparedness is as asset.
• Bilingualism (French and English) BBB minimum
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5354
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC)