Second Slice Pizza is a local pizza location and casual dining experience, with two locations in the heart of downtown Victoria, BC. We are focused on friendliness and great food using only the freshest quality house-made ingredients for our tried-and-true pizza recipes. Our extensive menu consists of gourmet pizzas, traditional classics, and make-your-own options. We are looking for an experience Assistant Manager to support the General Manager in daily operations of the store.
Second Slice is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
· Manage, plan, control, and organize the overall operations of the business on a day-to-day basis
· Adhere to, and ensure employee adherence to, company standards in a manner that increases sales and minimizes costs
· Prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation , as recommended by senior manager
· Perform administrative duties to ensure all financials are completed accurately and on time
· Recruit new staff, as well as train and promote the development of skills for existing staff
· Coordinate staff scheduling, ensuring all shifts are properly staffed and efficient
· Motivate and encourage staff to achieve team goals and create a positive work environment
· Practice inventory control standards and inspect equipment and storage facilities to ensure equipment is in proper working order
· Organize stock and equipment, order supplies, and oversee overall business maintenance, cleanliness, and security
· Ensure health and safety compliance is in alignment with business standards and applicable laws
· Completion of secondary school
· Minimum 3 years experience in food service industry or equivalent combination of experience and training
· Minimum 3 years management/supervisory experience
· FOODSAFE Certificate, or willing to obtain before employment start date