The Roberts/Smart Centre (RSC) is looking for an enthusiastic, skilled individual to provide support in an organization that values its employees and the youth and families that it serves. Join a team that is small enough for you to make a difference but large enough to improve the province’s youth mental health. This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
RSC has provided mental health treatment programs for Ottawa-based youth and youth throughout the province. We serve youth through a family-centred, inclusive and community-based approach.
SCHEDULING CLERK / CORPORATE SUPPORT
To provide and maintain staffing levels for the Centre’s programs, consistent with the Centre’s staffing model according to pre-established guidelines, policies and the Collective Agreement.
1. Ensures that staffing levels in all programs are maintained at an appropriate level to meet Centre policy, Collective Agreement and budgetary requirements.
2. Participate in the design, development and implementation of computerized employee scheduling system.
3. Acts as a resource for staff in the utilization of the computerized scheduling systems.
4. Provide an educational support in orienting staff to the computerized scheduling systems.
5. Manages and updates availability of part-time staff as per Centre policy and the Collective Agreement.
6. Works with Coordinators to manage yearly, weekly, daily schedules and assists in managing scheduling discrepancies or conflicts as per Centre policy and the Collective Agreement.
7. Establishes and maintains a constructive, professional working relationship with the Management Team and with all part-time Youth Counsellors.
8. Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
9. Works directly with the Coordinator of Staff Education and Quality to schedule all training for Centre employees as well as updates training records.
10. Scheduling part-time Youth Counsellors in all programs, as per Centre policy and the Collective Agreement. Completed on a daily and monthly basis, as needed and as per Program Coordinators to fill vacancies in program schedules.
11. Identify and communicate employee scheduling/staffing issues to supervisor.
12. Assists the Human Resources Coordinator and Accounting Department with reference checks, filing and other clerical duties.
Degree or Diploma in Health or Business Administration or a related program
English and French
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Experience and proficiency using computer software is mandatory.
2. Knowledge of and experience in building and modifying employees’ schedules.
3. Experience in working with collective agreements.
4. Effective organizational skills involving time management, prioritization and the ability to problem solve while ensuring attention to detail
5. Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
6. Demonstrated ability to work well and independently with minimum supervision in a team environment
7. Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to health care culture and family centered care
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Efficient data entry skills required with a high attention to detail.
Tagged as: clerical, staffing, temporary contract, youth mental health centre