The Roberts/Smart Centre (RSC) is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and highly skilled individual to be a part of a team that ensures that we provide the youth and families we serve will be treated by a highly trained, culturally aware, team of Youth Counsellors. With a quality lens, the Coordinator will also focus on Accreditation, Inspections, and other Quality Improvement Initiatives. Join a team that is small enough for you to make a difference but large enough to improve the province’s youth mental health. This position is a permanent .8FTE with a generous total rewards package of 3 weeks’ vacation in the first year, sick leave, family responsibility leave, group life/LTD/health/dental benefits and a defined contribution pension plan (HOOPP).
RSC has provided mental health treatment programs for Ottawa-based youth and youth throughout the province. We serve youth through a family-centred, inclusive and community-based approach.
COORDINATOR – STAFF EDUCATION AND QUALITY
To ensure that youth and families will be treated by a highly trained, culturally aware, team of Youth Counsellors, leading to better treatment outcomes. With a quality lens, the Coordinator will also focus on Accreditation, Inspections, and other Quality Improvement Initiatives.
1. Is a member of the management staff team, participates in the Centre’s decision-making and supports the team of Coordinators in coaching and training Youth Counsellor staff.
2. Participates with Managers in interviews and selection of youth counsellors.
3. Is responsible for the management, direction, supervision, training, evaluation and development of Youth Counselling staff.
4. Support mandatory training delivery, reporting and tracking.
5. Supports the Coordinator team to identify training needs within treatment teams and with individual team members.
6. Is responsible for the coordination and administration of a wide-range of learning and development activities and projects by applying knowledge of best practices in education for adult learners, including multimedia instruction models and activities.
7. Oversees the RSC Orientation Program for all new hires as well as for transfers within the Centre. Continues to develop and oversee the staff and student mentorship programs.
8. Assists Human Resources to build training plans for Coordinators and Managers to develop and enhance skills within the existing Management personnel.
9. Is administratively responsible for the following:
· Updating and expanding the Staff Orientation Program for onboarding and prior to Youth Counsellor program transfers.
· Actively supports the Quality Assurance Committee, ensuring that all dimensions of quality are reviewed, improvements are planned, implemented, and communicated.
· Compliance with Ministry legislation and policies through leading preparation for Accreditation certification and ongoing support to all programs to ensure readiness for Ministry inspections and Accreditation evaluation.
· Developing and amending, as necessary, Policies and Procedures for the Centre, as per Ministry and Centre standards.
10. Establishes and maintains a constructive professional working relationship with external agencies and evaluates gaps and needs of the community that may be delivered by the Centre.
11. Assesses the need for quality improvement in the Centre’s programs and develops training plans for improvements.
12. Works with the management team on other quality improvement projects and proposals.
13. Provides On-Call services as established by the Centre.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, APTITUDE AND ABILITIES:
1. CAAT Diploma or University Degree with experience in the human services and mental health field.
2. Broad knowledge of the youth counselling/social services field. Knowledge of adult learning principals an asset.
3. Bilingualism in English and French
4. Demonstrated interest and superior performance in the following areas:
– Learning theories and instructional design models
– Proficiency using digital learning software, graphic design software, and at least one learning management system
– Ability to write effective copy, instructional text. Experience writing audio and video scripts preferred.
– Lesson planning.
– Visual and graphic design skills.
– Organizational skills
– Project Management
– Communication and public speaking
Tagged as: culture, management, staff education, youth mental health centre