GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
Our Whitby office is looking for a Project Manager ready to join our growing Canadian Operations within the Transportation Group.
The Transportation group within GHD Canada works with Provincial, Regional, and local municipal transportation agencies on large scale projects across the whole Transportation spectrum of highways, roads and bridges, transit infrastructure, transportation planning and roundabouts. Our team provides integrated transportation services throughout the project lifecycle from initial policy, transportation economics and business case advice, through concept, environmental assessment, detailed design and construction administration.
Candidates will have the following experience:
• Preparation of reports, proposals and contract documents for review agencies, clients, and the public
• Planning, organizing and controlling project progress through the design, approval and construction phase with an understanding of scope schedule and budget management.
• Producing conceptual design, detailed design, related drawings, and technical specifications for new highway, road and road reconstruction projects, including related infrastructure (sewers and watermains)
• Manage/mentor and supervise staff for technical project deliverables and staff development
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Maintaining contact with sub-consultants, municipalities, utility companies and clients
• Liaising with clients and participating in business development and promotional activities for the Company
• Administrative functions including invoicing
• Experience in working with Conservation Authorities, applying MOE guidelines and obtaining approvals from Municipalities
• MTO experience is considered an asset.
Skills, Competencies & Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering
• P.Eng designation required (or eligible)
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in project management and design of transportation infrastructure projects
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Alternatively, you can view other indigenous opportunities at https://aboriginaljobboard.ca/browse-jobs/