Marketing Specialist, Piston Transportation
Piston Transportation (www.pistonlogistics.com) is an Ontario-based, CBSA-certified transportation company dedicated to offering quality domestic and international freight and road delivery services. We’re currently expanding our third-party logistic (3PL) business with Chinese enterprises in Manitoba, and as a result, our Manitoba office is looking for a talented, multi-skilled Marketing Specialist, who are familiar with e-commerce and Chinese business trends, and who are willing to thrive in a challenging, cross-cultural, and team-oriented environment.
· Assist senior executives in identifying market trends and developing new marketing targets which will help to accommodate Chinese enterprises (our clients) to the Canadian (especially Manitoban) business landscape.
· Create and maintain company’s social media presence that aligns with Piston’s marketing plan.
· Identify and understand our client’s core concerns and effectively communicate Piston’s solutions that mitigate those concerns.
· Interact with vendors such as eBay and Amazon and their respective sales personnel to both gain and share leads in support of delivery services and maximizing mutually beneficial sales opportunities.
· Secure the collaborative, day-to-day relationships with clients and with vendors, by communicating over phone or email, or through face-to-face meetings.
· Solicit feedback from clients and vendors, review feedback, report obstacles and recommend opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Stay up to date with marketing practices and innovations; offer insight on B2C logistics development and the ongoing evolution of Piston’s brand strategy.
· Other marketing and communications-related initiatives from time to time.
· A university degree or college diploma in Marketing, Logistics, Supply Chain or business-related programs.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing, ideally gained in retail or B2C.
· Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal; superb ability to establish credibility with clients and influence partners.
· Deep understanding/knowledge of Chinese retail markets; prior customer base in small and medium-sized Chinese enterprises is a strong asset.
· Good understanding/knowledge of e-commerce or digital marketing; prior experience with digital marketing (SEM, SEO, social media, email, affiliates, etc.) is a strong asset.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to re-set priorities and re-focus without losing sight of long and short-term initiatives; leadership experience is a strong asset.
· High attention to detail as this role will be responsible for much of Piston’s client-facing content.
· Solid computer skills: familiar with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and other publishing platforms.
· A knowledge of the logistical restraints of Manitoba, or a similarly remote location is a plus.
· Available to be on call some weekend dates.
· MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AS REQUIRED.
This position includes a base salary plus monthly bonus and commission opportunities based on company performance. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:
· Competitive benefits package including extended health, dental and pension plan;
· Peripheral equipment, including laptop and cellular phone;
· Anniversary vacation bonus.
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Language: English (required)
Salary: $28 hourly
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Tel: 2048098968; 2042750380
Mailing Address: Unit 10B, 595 Clifton Street, Winnipeg, MB R3G 2X5
Piston Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. If you qualify for this position, we encourage you to apply by submitting a resume.