In this permanent full-time role, you will join Park People’s national programming team by delivering and administrating impactful park programs in the Metro Vancouver area. You will help organize and animate activities in local parks, including events, social gatherings, and trainings, as well as provide support to park groups, park professionals, and park enthusiasts.
We are looking for a community builder, with experience organizing memorable and impactful community events, and familiarity with the organizations that support Metro Vancouver’s diverse neighbourhoods.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous and people of colour in ways that centre intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
For more information about Park People, please visit our website at https://parkpeople.ca/.
As Vancouver Program Coordinator your role will include:
– Facilitating workshops and events for community members;
– Helping to mobilize participation of our Vancouver network members in national initiatives including the 2022 Park People Conference, TDPP Grant Program, and Cornerstone Parks;
– Supporting timelines and workback schedules for projects;
– Responding to general programming inquiries and representing Park People at outreach events;
– Assisting with logistics and permits for Park People events;
– Coordinating volunteers and supervising summer/short-term contract staff;
– Tracking program data and supporting project evaluation efforts;
– Supporting the work of the national Park People team as needed;
– Other programming and/or administrative support as required.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
– Personal or professional experience working with community groups, with familiarity of organizations that support the diverse communities in Metro Vancouver
– Understanding of anti-oppression and equity principles and practices, and experience facilitating inclusive community programs or events;
– Experience in event planning and delivery with demonstrated project coordination or implementation experience;
– Experience relationship building with emerging grassroots organizations;
– Strong attention to detail, with experience in database management and information consolidation;
– Excellent time management and organizational skills;
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit…
– Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset; and
– Experience working in a non-profit environment
Starting Salary Range: $43,000 – $45,000
Anticipated Start Date: Feb/March 2022
Park People is a great place to work:
– We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, annual cost of living increases and a pension plan.
– We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
– We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
– We value flexibility and work life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
– We offer time and funding to support education and training, and to grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
– We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence by January 30th, 2022 to email@example.com. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your contact information.
In addition to following all Provincial and Federally mandated Covid-19 measures, and to ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.