Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Reporting to Records Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for utilizing in-depth knowledge of established information governance/records management theories to lead the development of processes, work practices, training, controls, and technology improvements to effectively manage client matter information and records in electronic format in support of the Firms operational needs and Records Management strategy. Responsibility for Client Data/ Matter Transfers. Follow procedures and policies governing the Firm’s records management activities and responsibilities.
• Support Firm practice groups, lawyers, and assistants in the management of physical and electronic client matter files adhering to Firm information governance protocol to ensure the electronic matter files are properly maintained within Document Management System (DMS)
• Coordinate client data/matter transfers for physical and electronic files, adhering to Firm file transfer protocol; collect, review, and release of incoming and departing legal professional transfers
• Provide guidance to firm members on electronic content management, scanning, email management and electronic filing, as a Subject Matter Expert
• Coordinate retention and disposition of client/Firm business records; physical and electronic in accordance with relevant guidelines and Firm retention policy
• Coordinate data cleanup. Review and update records and record metadata; quality check records and perform database searches; ensure database information is complete and properly identified
• Provide system administration support for the Records Management Systems (RMS); liaise with technology staff and vendor, identify system enhancements, coordinate implementation and upgrades
• Support the litigation hold process; identify and track records, coordinate with other departments
• Identify and/or participate in the evaluation of tools to enhance best practices and test new products and software
• Maintain Record Department’s intranet page which includes editing and updating of various policies, procedures, and forms under the direction of the Records
• Lead and assist with Special Projects and perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
University or College diploma in Information Governance, Records Management, Library Science, or Information Science or other related field plus four years relevant information governance/ records management experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable. Experience working in a large complex organization, Legal industry is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Proficient in computer systems and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite as well as the Firm’s DMS, RMS, Document Imaging Software, and
additional applications used to manage client matter records and information, embraces and tests new technology
• Knowledge of archival data storage, records preservation procedures, practices, and techniques; Strong experience in records management, retention schedules,
litigation holds, policy, storage and retrieval, best practices for records management systems
• Strong experience with electronic records management, digitization of records and related information systems
• Demonstrate advanced research, investigative and problem-solving skills, think strategically, with the ability to gather and analyze information, exercise sound
judgement to resolve issues in a timely manner
• Strive for continuous improvement, flexible approach, promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; strong attention to detail; highly motivated and
• Advanced time management and organizational skills adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; works to meet department and
Firm objectives; Adhere to company policies and procedures
• Maintain a professional demeanor; service oriented, effectively interact with all levels of personnel. Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance;
Exceeds expectations and meets commitments.
• Excellent communication; Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for
spelling and grammar; Strong presentation skills
• Exceptional negotiation and teamwork skills to interact/collaborate with various groups; work effectively as a team member as well as independently
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information, treats sensitive matters with discretion and diplomacy
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls please.