ADVANCED CARE PARAMEDICS
(FOR THE POSITON OF CCP RECRUIT)
Reference #: 2022-286
Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario specifically from our leading edge air ambulances, to the critical care land transport program; we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility, and inclusion in the workplace.
POSITION AVAILABLE: CCP RECRUIT
We are looking to hire ADVANCED CARE PARAMEDICS as CCP Recruits for base locations across Ontario, primarily for Northern bases. Advanced Care Paramedics hired into full-time CCP Recruit positions and meeting necessary requirements for experience and proficiency will be required to complete training and certification to the Critical Care Paramedic level after hire. Successful candidates will be required to relocate to Northern Ontario locations.
POSITION STATUS: Permanent; Full-Time
LOCATION: Northern Bases Including Moosonee, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, Thunder
Bay, and Timmins
REPORTING TO: Chief Paramedic
COMPENSATION: $43.35/Hour (CCP Recruit Rate)
BENEFITS: Comprehensive Group Benefits Package Plus Membership to the
Healthcare of Ontario’s Pension Plan (HOOPP)
**Please visit our Paramedic Careers website for more information: https://www.ornge.ca/paramediccareers
The purpose of this posting is to create a pool of qualified candidates that will be established for positions throughout the Northern Ontario Region, with the number of positions to be filled not identified at this time. The candidate pool will be used to create an eligible list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming employment opportunities within the next 12 months following the closing date of the posting.
The information you provide for the purpose of this posting may be used to fill various positions and the results from this posting will be retained for the purpose of filing vacancies in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
The incumbent is responsible for the initiation and provision of treatment, stabilization and safe transport of critically ill and injured urgent and non-urgent patients via air and, in some locales, land, and the completion of relevant documentation. The incumbent will perform duties related to maintenance of equipment and supplies, and participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The Flight Paramedic, practices with medical skills and knowledge in the transport environment within their scope of practice and adheres to all Ornge/MOH medical directives, policies and procedures. The Flight Paramedic supports and promotes the strategic vision and principles of Ornge.
• Minimum 2 years’ active field practice as a paramedic; 5 years’ active practice preferred;
• Possesses all qualifications and conditions as outlined in the Ambulance Act/Ontario Reg 257/00 including, at the time of application:
• MOH Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) certificate; or eligibility for Ontario equivalency;
• MOH Advanced Care Paramedic certificate; or eligibility for Ontario equivalency; Note: Ontario MOH Paramedic Equivalency Process can be found here:
• Current valid F Class (or higher) Drivers License or provincial equivalent with satisfactory Driver Abstract;
• Current valid CPR for Healthcare Professionals and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS);
• Current, valid immunizations and confirmation of freedom from communicable disease as outlined in MOH Ambulance Service Communicable Disease Standards;
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Search current within 90 days;
• Advanced Care Paramedic Program graduation certificate from a recognized institution;
• Current Advanced Care Paramedic certification in good standing with a provincial Base Hospital or applicable regulatory body;
• Current valid COVID-19 vaccination unless an exemption has been granted on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code;
• Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening process with a satisfactory result prior to or within 90 days of commencement of employment;
• Ability to successfully:
• Certify at the ACP level with Ornge Base Hospital;
• Complete pre-qualification requirements for CCP course admission;
• Provide proof of completion of Ornge Aeromedical Theory Program;
• MOH Aeromedical Theory Certificate;
• Satisfactory proof of completion, current within 6 months, of OPPAT physical fitness assessment program;
HOURS AND LOCATION OF WORK:
• Paramedics are required to work various shifts, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays;
• During the course of their shift duties, Paramedics may be required to overnight away from their home base;
• Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate within the assigned base location city with the exception of Moosonee;
• Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment and they shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Coordinator will contact you within 48 hours.
Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.