Oasis Nails & Spa is a Victoria-based nail and skin beauty care salon, located in the beautiful Oak Bay community. We believe that getting your nails done should be a fun luxury for many people, and we pride ourselves on our high-quality spa pedicure, manicure, and waxing services. We have been working with our long-standing and supportive customers for over 10 years and continue to grow our small local business.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking to expand our team with 2 permanent full-time nail technicians, responsible for:
· Performing manicure and pedicures on clients, including gel manicures and pedicures or enhancement services such as gel or acrylic
· Providing treatments and applying lotions on hands and feet, as well as utilizing knowledge of massage to enhance customer experiences
· Professionally clean, trim, shape, and polish fingernails and toenails, removing and decoding coloured nails and nail enhancements
· Make recommendations on nail polish colours to match each client’s unique skin tone and style
· Sanitize and disinfect tools, equipment, and work spaces
· Communicate with clients to provide exceptional customer service
· Completion of secondary school, additional training as manicurist/pedicurist an asset but not required
· Minimum 1-3 years as a nail technician or in a salon environment
· Knowledge of manicures, pedicures, and gel polishes
· Excellent customer service
· Reliable and a team player
· Physical capabilities: comfortable with sitting and kneeling for extended periods of time and occasionally working with odours and chemicals
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.