At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC, addresses mainly 2 growing markets: Machine vision for the largest part of our activities, and People Flow Analytics.
Regarding Machine Vision: we provide to machinery manufacturers or system integrators imaging products and solutions that are used for quality inspection, measurement, traceability, vision guided automation and robotics, as well as intelligent traffic systems. Regarding People Analytics: we are currently focused on Retail Analytics, and we provide imaging products and solutions that are used to measure retail customers traffic, customers queuing time, customers flows in the retail space; Essentially our People Analytics products help to replicate the equivalent of web analytics in the physical world.
We are looking to hire hardworking Manufacturing Assemblers to help our Manufacturing team. The Assembler can work on a number of tasks including: Assembly, Soldering, Packing, and Final Testing.
This is a 6-month, full-time contract with a possibility of extension. This will be an afternoon shift (3:00pm – 11:30pm).
• Operate a variety of tools and equipment
• Conduct routine and preventive maintenance of work area equipment and tools
• Report quality concerns, and make suggestions for continuous improvements
• Work under general supervision
• BCIT or technical education is an asset
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail and dedication to quality.
• Knowledge of ESD prevention requirements.
• Comfortable with operating manufacturing equipment and tools.
• Good command of English language
• Able to work within a teamwork environment, with minimal supervision
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternatively, you can view other indigenous opportunities at https://aboriginaljobboard.ca/browse-jobs/