La Bonita Mexican Restaurants of Ottawa is looking for a pastry chef with 2 years’ experience or more for the everyday production and decorating of Mexican style tortillas, breads, cakes, pastries, desserts and candy. The position is full time; 40 hrs/week at $22.50 /hour.
Please do not apply unless your resume specifically cites;
– 2 years’ experience working and education at Mexican style bakery/school.
– Experience using a stone bread oven.
– Knowledge of baker’s math.
– Knowledge and certification to adhering to safe food handling.
– Experience and demonstrated knowledge of commercial kitchen systems.
– Experience delegating, coaching, training and monitoring teams.
– Understanding of Mexican culture for presentation and decorating is an asset.
– Related basic understanding of Mexican culture is an asset i.e.; holiday treats, religious desserts, event expectations, traditional flavors and ingredients, holiday calendar dates…
We strive to offer our employees a stable and repetitive work schedule however we ask in advance that you are available from 7am to 10pm, weekends and holidays included.
As Pastry chef and member of our staff you will be responsible for a variety of tasks in both the front and the back of house.
Email your resume or questions to; firstname.lastname@example.org
La Bonita Restaurant, 1128 Cadboro Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 7P5
La Bonita Restaurant, 1079 Wellington St.W. Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2Y3
Facebook; Taqueria La Bonita