Established in 1998, Island View Tree Service provide fully-insured tree services to different commercial and residential areas around lower Vancouver Island. With their team of certified arborists and certified tree risk assessors, they bring a skilled approach to the business. Island View Tree Service also offers hazardous tree solution, weather damage cleanup, stump removal, and tree trimming and pruning. Island View Tree Service are looking for a full-time Tree Service Technician to join the team and undertake the responsibilities described below.
· Weed, prune, thin, shape, and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges
· Remove litter and garbage from customer site to ensure clean and professional service
· Perform site clean up of branches, trees, twigs, leaves, and plants post-service and/or weather damage
· Safe stump removal and spreading topsoil and other materials
· Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
· Write daily basic progress reports
· Consult customers on service preference
· Keep a good inventory of products and tools, requesting supply orders as necessary
· As duties as assigned
· Trade certificate for landscaping or similar, or equivalent in experience
· 2-3 years of experience in landscape maintenance
· Ability to operate power equipment (e.g. trimmers, chippers, lawn mowers)
· Physical demands: ability to lift heavy loads, large trees or branches, and working at high heights
· Schedule flexibility to travel to work sites and to offer 24/7 emergency services
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.