Island Métis Family & Community Services Society provides a variety of support programs to Métis children and families living in the greater Victoria area. Currently, IMFCSS is accepting employment applications for the following position.
Full Time Position
Island Métis is seeking an energetic, compassionate individual, looking to make direct, positive impacts in the lives of Métis children and families in our community!
Minimum qualifications, ALL of which must be met in order to be considered for the position:
· University Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Social Work, Law, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration.) or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Preference may be given to candidates with a degree in Social Work or Law with a Masters degree in a related discipline.
· Knowledge of social work policies, procedures, ethics, principles and practice.
· Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and contemporary issues affecting Indigenous peoples, specifically Métis people.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Demonstrated excellent organizational, record-keeping, management skills and written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities.
· Demonstrated conflict resolution and facilitation skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Financial knowledge, including development and maintenance of budgets, financial planning and development of cost control processes and methods.
· Proficiency in the use of computer software, including ability to create statistical reports in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
· Five years recent, and directly related, experience in family and child welfare, (depending upon degree), preferably in an Indigenous and non-profit organization.
· At the office of IMFCSS, located at 345 Wale Road, Victoria.
A complete Job Description can be provided upon request. Relocation expenses may be considered.
This position is excluded from union membership. Normal schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Based on this being a management position, additional evening and weekend hours may be required based on organizational needs.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male and female applicants.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet all of the above qualifications for this position to:
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society
345 Wale Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6X2
Posting of this employment opportunity ends at 4:30 PM on November 13, 2018
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those individuals shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
Tagged as: community support, management, non-profit