GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Whitby office is looking for an Intermediate Bridge/Structural Engineer with a strong interest and experience in bridge projects and transportation projects. You will join a dynamic team active on transportation, municipal, and marine engineering projects for a variety of public and private sector clients. We are looking for candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preliminary and detailed design of new bridges, culverts and retaining
walls, and rehabilitation of existing structures;
• Conduct inspections of existing bridges, culverts and retaining walls and
• Prepare sketches for CAD staff and review CAD drawings;
• Prepare technical construction specifications;
• Liaise with contractors and owners during design and construction;
• Perform complex bridge engineering tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement through innovation,
creative thinking and improved results.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with all
employees, clients and other stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
• Undergraduate degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited
post-secondary educational institution. Master’s degree would be a plus
• P. Eng. License
• Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience in Canadian bridge design
• Extensive knowledge of relevant bridge design codes, particularly CHBDC
• MTO bridge related experience including knowledge of MTO practice
manuals, standards and policies, including CPS
• Experience with structural design software such as Midas, SAP2000, etc.
• Experience with inspection, analysis and design, preparing contract
documents, and contract administration support
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Committed team player
• Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.