At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Indigenous Internship, Human Resources (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Reconciliation is a key corporate commitment at CMHC. We are committed to advancing reconciliation and renewing relationships with First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples based on the recognition of rights, respect, cooperation, and partnership. We continuously evaluate our progress on reconciliation to promote comprehensive learning per the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Call to Action 57, and meaningful actions, such as the development of programs that are accessible and effective for Indigenous People.
As part of our Student Internship program, we are excited to offer again this year specific internship for Indigenous Students. Each internship are of a 4 months contract duration for our Summer 2021 cohort.
Join the Office of the People and Strategy Team, where we have the focus, the people and the voice to achieve our aspiration, which is to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. This position will coordinate and contribute to the ongoing maintenance and delivery of HR programs and policies. In this role, you will provide operational support in the implementation of HR programs and initiatives including learning, leadership development, succession management, performance management, diversity and inclusion.
• Maintain and update program evaluation, according to standard procedures and formats to support the advancements of HR programs, initiatives and projects.
• Contribute to the evaluation of programs components and initiatives utilizing best-practices.
• Support the development of online learning materials, including eLearning modules, and other resources.
• Gather and compile information for research, analysis and reporting to support human resources initiatives and programs.
• Collaborate and provide data and basic analytical support.
• Assist in research, stakeholder consultation and data analysis to enable alignment of programs and initiatives.
• New graduate or pursuing an undergraduate degree in human resources management or a related field such as business administration or social studies.
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research, analyze, and synthesize findings.
• Self identificaties as a member of an Indigenous community
• Available to work full time during Summer 2021 – May to August
• Experience with learning management systems, eLearning authoring tools, and virtual classroom and webinar platforms.
• Knowledge in specific talent management areas, including succession planning, performance management, learning and development, leadership development, and diversity and inclusion programs.
• Understanding of issues and opportunities related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and anti-racism
• Bilingualism will be an asset (English and French).
The internships can be performed from any location in Canada. Interns will be set up with the equipment and technology to enable their work.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5425
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)