ID Fusion is looking to hire a Senior IT Technician to join our team. Do you want to work for a company that focuses on values, to both their clients and employees? A company that believes healthy, productive, and engaged employees drive organizational performance and success? Do you have a passion for helping people? If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet with you!
The Senior IT Technician will support multiple clients both onsite and remotely. Their prime responsibility is to provide our clients with IT Support to quickly resolve their hardware, software, server, and network issues and provide them with the level of service they expect. The Senior IT Technician is also responsible for supporting and maintaining our internal staff and IT infrastructure as well as assisting in the growth of the IT Support Services Division at ID Fusion.
Reporting to the Director of Managed Services, a typical day might include some of the following:
– Configure hardware, and client software, setting up workstations, and peripherals, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for network-connected users.
– Manage and administer client networks, servers, workstations, and peripherals.
– Ensuring we are adhering to client service levels, and ensuring that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the client applications and services meet the client’s expectations.
– Maintaining and managing client-specific business applications.
– Ensure effective system access and hardware setup for end-users.
– Manage hardware maintenance and replacement.
– Design and solution new server and network infrastructure.
– Setting up and maintaining both wired and wireless networks.
– Active Directory implementation and administration.
– Office 365 setup and user management.
– Migration of Exchange, Exchange Online and email clients.
– Manage software licenses, subscription renewals and third-party vendor agreements as assigned.
– Develop and coordinate implementation, development, review, maintenance, safe operation and control of IT systems, office automation tools, networking and telecommunication.
– End-user training on approved applications; executing data imports and exports as required; developing Power BI and Advanced Find reports as requested.
– Develop, implement and improve IT tools adapted to company or customer needs.
– Maintain and/or develop customer Disaster Recovery Plans
– Monitoring client backup jobs, and testing backup solutions.
– Inventory management, updating and maintaining client inventory records.
– Work both independently, with the team, and the business as required to ensure timely, complete, and effective execution of upgrades, change requests and projects.
Skills & Experience:
– Minimum of 3 to 7 years of direct work experience in the role of in-house IT administration.
Post Secondary IT Training (or equivalent experience will be accepted)
– Additional training in Microsoft MCSA Professional certification including O365, Administration, Configuration, Windows Server, Share Point, Azure, SQL, Exchange, Skype/Teams, VMWare and any other relevant certifications. (Please include Microsoft transcript and history of any continuing education courses)
– Would be nice: Training in Comp/TIA: A+ certification (Basic Hardware/software); Network+ basic network certification and Cisco certifications; Ubiquiti experience
– Exchange Online migration experience
– Experience with SharePoint on-premises farm/online: hybrid environments, advanced customizations, custom search, integration with other systems
– Communications apps such as MS Teams/Skype/Lync
– Microsoft Exchange (On-prem, hybrid, online)
– Proven understanding of security and compliance, auditing;
– Experience with implementation and in-house support for CRM/ERP integrations
– Web Administration (IIS/Apache, PHP, .Net, SQL) highly experienced with Azure/O365.
– Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required
ID Fusion is proud to be a Manitoba Indigenous owned and operated company. Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: Women, Indigenous Peoples, Visible Minorities and Persons with a Disability.