Our client, The Fisher River Health Centre, is searching for a Director, Health Services to join their team. The FRHC is an independent community health agency responsible for delivering the mandatory and community health programs, and environmental health and public health programs and services within the community.
The successful candidate will have experience in health care policy and program development, is innovative, and has a strong background in First Nations Health management in order to provide leadership, development, implementation, and evaluation of health care delivery as the agency moves into a flexible health delivery arrangement.
Program and Service Delivery
• Oversees planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of programs, projects and services offered by Health Services, brighter future, NAADAP, Jordan’s Principals etc.
• Ensures financial management practices and prudent management of the organization’s resources within approved budget and applicable program and legislative guidelines
Human Resource Management
• Oversees and coordinates with the Human Resource Coordinator in the management of the organization’s human resources according to authorized personnel policies ensuring compliance with employment and workplace legislation
• Effective recruitment, development, performance, and retention of the organization’s employees
Executive Support and Liaison
• Supports and advises Interim Health Board regarding administration issues
• Maintains collaborative relationships between and among entities in matters related to administration services and programs
Policy, Compliance and Contract Administration
• Ensures all organizational procedures, policies, and standards are formulated, approved and enforced
• Oversees complete and timely reporting required by ISC, Health Canada and First Nations Inuit and Health Branch and other Government bodies
• Oversees negotiations and approval of all contractual obligations for the organization
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor of Nursing Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Experience working with First Nations and knowledge of local traditions, lifestyle, and language is an asset
• Proficient in computerized systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Must be available to work flexible hours and travel when required
• Manitoba Driver’s license and vehicle is a requirement
• Must be willing to adhere to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Adult Abuse Registry checks
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, and partners
• Strong conflict management skills and a teamwork approach
If you would like more information about this position or Fisher River Cree Nation, please visit https://bit.ly/FRCN-DHS or contact Donna Bilodeau, Senior Executive Search Consultant at (204) 934-8825.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as a Director, Health Services, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #203160.
Tagged as: health care