At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. Since January 2019, we’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the CMHC Surveys Team and bring your research and data collection skills to work as an Enumerator. You will be responsible to collect monthly data on new housing starts, demolitions, conversions, housing completions, sales and prices of new homes, within your assigned geographic area. In addition, you may wish to take the opportunity to join our annual rental telephone survey in October.
Advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career by helping us to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships.
This is a casual position 2 to 3 days per month for the region of Saguenay (Canton Tremblay, Jonquière, La Baie, Lac-Kénogami, Laterrière, Shipshaw, Chicoutimi nord et sud).
Hours of work will vary 20 hours per month– the work hours are not guaranteed hours.
• Working with the Enumerator’s team to ensure the ongoing achievement of the survey for collecting high quality survey data within tight deadlines.
• Collect on-road, telephone and internet data on new residential construction in a timely and accurate manner, as required by CMHC, in your assigned geographic area.
• Visit construction sites and sales offices and contact developers, builders and municipalities to collect required data.
• Organize your work to ensure efficient travel and data collection while meeting tight deadlines.Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions.
• Organizing your work to ensure that you deliver quality work within tight deadlines.
• High School diploma or higher
• Strong communications skills (oral and written in French)
• Demonstrated strong numerical aptitude with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and achieve strong results with minimum supervision.
• Proficiency using internet and computer software tools such as research, email, video conference tools, data entry databases, and MS Excel skills are required.
• Ability to work from home with internet and cell phone access for the road.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends.
• A valid driver’s license required and access to a reliable vehicle and insurance for $1,000,000 public liability and property damage would be required to complete travel for site visits
• Related experience in field data collection or survey-based research and/or data entry.
• Past experience with telephone interviewing, particularly making outbound calls.
• Related experience in property management and/or housing industry.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5599
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary : $20 per hour
Travel Requirement: Frequent
Office Location: Quebec (QC)