The Enchanted Wood Preschool provides children with a safe, nurturing environment by enriching the intellectual, emotional, and social aspects of the mind. Our children will learn through a combination of open-ended and structured learning activities. We are looking for a full-time Early Childhood Educator to join our team.
Employer: Enchanted Wood Preschool Ltd. DBA Central Montessori Child Care
Business Address and location of work: 8191 St. Albans Road, Richmond, B.C., V6Y 2L2
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $18.50 per hour
Benefits: Extended healthcare
Terms of employment: Two year term, full-time
Starting date: August 1, 2020
How to apply: By Mail only. Please send your Covering Letter and Resume to:
The Hiring Manager
Enchanted Wood Preschool Ltd.
8191 St. Albans Road, Richmond, B.C., V6Y 2L2
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Plan and develop appropriate childcare programs and activities;
· Responsible for a variety of duties that include reading stories, teaching songs and observing children for signs of potential leaning or behavioral problems;
· Ongoing communications with parents on daily basis;
· Supervise and guide daily activities, field trips and special activities;
· Provide opportunity for creative expression through the activities;
· Nurture kids with various handicraft talents, such as gimmicks, making potteries, arranging flowers, etc.
· Assist all parents with their participation in their child’s learning;
· Prepare and discuss reports with parents and other staff members;
· Ensure the safety of children, release children only to those authorized parents/guardians by strictly checking their identification;
· Attend and contribute to all staff meetings
Language of work:
· Good oral and written English is required.
· Mandarin or Cantonese an asset.
· ECE license to practice in BC.
· At least one year of previous experience in a child-care setting or environment.
· Completion of an ECE college program of at least one year or equivalent required;
Additional Job Requirements:
· Current First Aid certificate and Criminal record check;
· Health clearance certificate;
· Talent with various handicraft skills, and creativity in developing new handicraft activities is an asset;
· A caring heart for children.
· Able to work independently;
· Well developed interpersonal skills;
We invite indigenous people to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of ethnic background. Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.