David Nyentap Enterprises (DNE) has been building agricultural barns for the last 14 years within the Ottawa region. We are now seeking five (5) experienced Construction Labourers to join the team. This is a full-time permanent role, with an expectation for 38-44 hours of work per week. While our office is located in Russell, Ontario, works sites will vary throughout the Ottawa area. Wage rate is based on experience, ranging from $21.00 to $30 per hour, with 10 days of vacation, no medical benefits.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Completion of secondary school
– English communication skills (written and verbal)
– At least 1 year of previous experience in carpentry and framing
– At least 1 year of previous experience in concrete handling
– At least 1 year of previous experience using related machinery including, but not limited to bobcats, concrete vibrators, screeds, saws, concrete mixers, nail guns, and forklift
– Self-motivated and teamwork oriented
– Must have own means of transportation, tool belt, and steel toed boots
– WHMIS and Fall Arrest Protection certificate preferred
Our Construction Labourers are required to perform the following tasks:
– Framing and erecting walls, roof cladding, and interior finishes
– Forming and finishing concrete
– Erecting and dismantling concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring, and barricades
– Mixing, pouring, and spreading materials
– Leveling earth to fine grade specifications
– Reading and interpreting blueprints
– Handling heavy materials up to 100 lbs
We thank all individuals for their applications. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.
Please submit your resume to David Nyentap; only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$30.00 per hour
Delayed Start Date: March 2021