We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Reporting to the lead data scientist, you will be responsible for running data modelling initiatives including integrating, cleaning and normalizing data sets from various sources.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll:
– Support the preparation and set up of pilot programs to test emerging technology use cases in finance.
– Contribute to the identification and development of algorithms to solve business problems.
– Contribute to strategic research on enterprise-wide AI business solution opportunities.
– Contribute to building test environment to support AI or big data experiments.
– Adopt and scale an API-first approach for ML & AI use cases.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
– Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
– Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
– Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
– Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research and development work
– Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
– Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
– Open-mindedness and active listening skills
– Respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– Minimum of two (2) years’ experience and bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics or other quantitative field
– Experience with Python and ML tool kits such as Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Tensorflow or Pytorch
– Experience building machine learning models
– Experience with applying mathematical concepts to solve machine learning related problems
– Experience in development of algorithms using object-oriented programming in Python
– Familiarity with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Matplotlib, etc… for creating informative visualizations
– Knowledge and Curiosity regarding Large Language Models (LLMs) and their application
– Experience working with relational and no-relational database, specifically using Snowflake and other database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc)
– Knowledge of big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc…
– Knowledge with machine learning pipelines and workflow management tools is a plus (ML-Flow, etc)
– Knowledge of Azure cloud computing platform (Azure Machine Learning, Azure DevOps, etc)
– Proficiency in English and French (or willingness to learn) *Frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa.
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
– Investment in career development
– Comprehensive group insurance plans
– Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
– Competitive pension plans
– Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
– Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
– A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
– A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn