CH2M 245 Consumers Road Suite 400, Toronto, ON M2J 1R3
This position is focused on the leadership and management of projects and programs for CH2M HILL’s clients. These projects and programs are aligned to the strategic markets and underlying business objectives of the firm. The incumbent is responsible for delivery of a large project. Technical, Financial, Strategic, Team and Client/External Stakeholder Levels of Complexity are typically above average, with some aspects of higher complexity evident.
CH2M has a growing business in major transit programs and requires a senior Technical Project Manager with transit and rail program and project management to lead a group of technical specialists developing strategies and feasibility studies for various rail initiatives. The qualified candidate is responsible for leading a project team within a client office responsible for delivering a program of multiple projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as one of the company’s prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on the program.
• Leads and manages the program team through all phases of program planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• The scope, schedule, and budget commitments are defined in the contract. Criteria of strategic importance to the client are often included in the contract as well, and typically define additional
• commitments required of CH2M to achieve delivery success (e.g. HSE criteria, quality criteria, critical path milestones).
• Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
• Plays a role in the business development activities leading to the award of the contract. This typically includes client relationship development, program-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, oral presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Proven record of progressive experience in transit/transportation project management.
Project/program management experience with major transit authorities
Experience with management of major transport infrastructure
Understanding of general complexity engineering concepts involved
in infrastructure and transportation projects.
Able to interact with clients, establish relationship and articulate simple concepts
Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from executive VPs to project managers and their teams
Understanding of all elements of Project Management including Contract Administration, Budget Management, Project Accounting, Scheduling, Risk Management, documentation control and
Ability to elevate projects to a program / portfolio level and report on them accordingly
Performing solid leadership and supervisory roles; ability to establish
and manage project teams
Education, Experience, & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline or equivalent experience.
• 20 years of experience preferred, with a minimum of 10 years of related experience in major transportation infrastructure programs including Transit and Rail (including heavy rail).
General understanding of rail systems development and procurement including electrification and Hydrogen Fuel systems.
• PMP or equivalent preferred.
Terms of Employment: Full Time-40 hours/week
Language of Work: English and English fluency
Location of Work: 10 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2R8
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, disability, sick time, health spending account, life and AD&D insurance, RRSP employee match up to 3.5%, association/license fees, vacation 25 days
Salary: $260,000 to $280,000 for 40 hour work week
Eligible for bonuses and annual salary increases
Contact US: please apply online at our website www.ch2m.com/careers/requisition #19000020