Position: Development Manager (job req#397)
Location – Toronto
Department – Real Estate
Reporting Structure – Acting Regional Director, Real Estate
Please submit your application by Friday, May 14th, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST. If you wish to receive the job posting in French, please contact the HR department.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Development Manager provides project management functions related to the regional properties in generating optimum value from the real estate holdings and acquisitions; manages, monitors, and reports on all planning, engineering, construction and servicing aspects and related activities for the regional project sites with particular emphasis on project schedules and the timely implementation of municipal approvals and servicing programs. Maintains and creates value through efficient financial budgeting and expense control, risk management and all other operational aspects of assigned income producing properties and properties held for development or sale located in the city/province.
– Developing project plans;
– Monitoring and managing project schedules and budgets;
– Organizing project team meetings and preparing meeting updates;
– Maintaining and producing project documentation;
– Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is appropriately classified; and
– Managing the work of external multidisciplinary team (appraisers, architects, planners, engineers, contractors, developers, builders, etc.) in the achievement of project objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE