Caldwell First Nation is seeking qualified applicants for the position of:
Executive Support Specialist
Report To: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Status: Temporary full-time, could lead to permanent full-time
Salary: Commensurate with relative education and experience
The Executive Support Specialist will be responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of and under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
• Work closely with Director of Operations.
• Conduct policy review.
• Complete reports; ensure deadlines are met.
• Conduct research and analysis to make recommendations.
• Complete briefing notes and draft policies.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Screen emails and messages.
• Able to handle a high level of responsibility and exercise good judgment.
• Familiar with digital technology and web-based programming;
• Livestream and facilitate online meetings, follow-up, attend meetings, minute taking/notetaking.
• Familiar with iCompass an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration or other relative degree.
• 3-5 years of experience in a First Nation setting.
• Knowledge of First Nation governance and administration essential.
• Experience within a public administration setting considered an asset.
• Experience interpreting public policies considered an asset.
• Must have 5+ years of experience in an executive, management, or administrative role.
• Possess strong communication skills: written, verbal, and oral.
• Ability to work in a team environment and individually, sometimes with little supervision.
• Demonstrate a high level of detail, accuracy, and efficiency paying close attention to detail.
• Maintain and demonstrate a high standard of ethics; maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to work remotely.
• Time management and organizational skills essential to success in this role.
• Punctual, dedicated, and dependable.
• Provide a clean CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Provide a clean Driver’s Abstract (if travel is required).
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Position: Full-Time Employment, 37.5 hours per week. Work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm. But, also must be available to work a flexible work schedule, based on meetings and workload.
Applications MUST include:
Current Cover Letter
Three (3) References with contact information (If successful candidate.)
All applications must be submitted in person, mail or email no later than the above deadline to:
Attention: James Siu, Human Resource Generalist
Caldwell First Nation
14 Orange Street
Tagged as: public administration