Reporting to the Director of Lands and Economic Development, in the role of Economic Development Officer you will perform networking and technical functions in identifying and promoting economic development opportunities for BFN communities and members within BFN’s geographical and territorial areas.
More specifically your responsibilities within this role will include:
* Developing an economic development strategic plan that identifies the physical development growth and changes of BFN communities and is based on a broad community consultation process and input from other BFN programs and colleagues.
* Networking with other native and non-native agencies identifying human resource requirements that address community needs.
* Developing and using standardized log forms, client datasheets, and release of information forms.
* Monitoring and regularly evaluating community development projects, initiatives, and members services through the Economic Development Program.
* Providing advice, recommendations, and preparing reports on all economic development activities.
* Ensuring that all activities are in compliance with First Nation, federal, provincial policies, rules, and regulations.
* Researching and analyzing different industries and markets for business development, expansion, modernization, and for client and community-based ventures.
* Arranging various workshops for community members and First Nation entrepreneurs with respect to private and public business ventures.
* Preparing and submitting proposals to various funding agencies/financial institutions in order to access financial resources to support business development, capacity building projects, and other program initiatives of the First Nation.
* Investigating and assisting with capital projects/economic initiatives while networking with native and non-native organizations in order to create training and employment opportunities for membership.
* Developing human resources and realistic training plans/proposals for internal and external funding partners that will support specialized training projects with the goal of establishing skilled labour forces within the BFN communities.
* Developing proposals and establishing native and non-native partnerships for economic development activities on and off-reserve.
* Participating in relevant training, workshops, and courses as required to maintain a high level of job performance.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a degree in business or economics along with 3 years of related work experience. Candidates with a diploma in a related field along with 5 years of related work experience will also be considered. A driver license and access to a vehicle are also required for this role.
While being a member of one of the Batchewana First Nation communities is not required in order to apply, it is a significant advantage. Experience working with a First Nation community or an Aboriginal organization is also an asset.
Our ideal candidate will have a professional and approachable demeanor. Candidates with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail will excel in this role as will individuals that are proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook.
Based on the current COVID-19 Pandemic restrictions please forward your cover letter and resume to email:
SUBJECT LINE: Economic Development Officer
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, August 21, 2020 AT 12:00 NOON
Facsimiles or late submissions will not be accepted. Only those granted interviews will be contacted
Tagged as: economic development