Aurora Industries Ltd. provides exterior building maintenance services across Greater Edmonton. We work with building owners and managers, property management companies as well as builders and developers. Since 2014 the organization has seen explosive growth and continues to expand its markets locally. Over the years Aurora has developed to become an innovative, dependable leader in our industry. We are committed to safety and certification for our team that allows improving in all aspects of working life.
The company has immediate openings for experienced Rope Access Technicians. The candidate’s duties include:
● Rope access to hard to reach areas without a scaffold or a work platform.
● Descend, ascend and transverse ropes for access and work while suspending by the harness.
● Perform duties such as washing windows, inspections, painting touch-ups, pressure washing, waterproofing, caulking and other kinds of work at height or high angle.
● Perform minor repair/ maintenance activities at height or high angle.
● Follow established safety rules and instructions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; Level 1-3 SPRAT or IRATA certificate would be an asset.
Requirements and qualifications:
1. At least 1-year high rise window cleaning experience as a Rope Access Technician working within a variety of industrial environments.
2. A thorough understanding of applicable rope access applications, and comprehensive knowledge of theory, equipment and rigging, maneuvers, climbing, and hauling and advanced rescue techniques
3. Ability to work productively in a variety of adverse conditions
4. Physical and psychological fitness, must be able to work while suspended in harness for extended periods of time
5. Be capable of functioning in climatic extremes
6. A criminal record check will be done
Benefits: Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan after probation period, RRSP for long-term employees; Company paid professional equipment; financial support for relocation; IRATA training
Tagged as: high rise window cleaning, rope access