Posting Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Posting ID: 055
Atlohsa Family Healing Services is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to fill the role of Retail General Manager. Atlohsa Gifts is going through an incredible transformation. We are relocating and this is your opportunity to co-create the next exciting chapter! We are looking for an inspired, visionary leader to make Atlohsa Gifts THE destination for authentic items from First Nations, Métis and Inuit artisans. As the Retail General Manager, you have a passion for marketing communications, relationships & community development, and driving sales. The ideal candidate will have retail and manager experience and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. As a general manager you are an inspiration to those around you, creating a positive experience for both employees and customers. You are confident in marketing communications, merchandising, business analysis, customer service and inventory management. You have a desire to build the business, both in store and on-line, through team building, social media and customer interaction.
Role and Responsibility
The Atlohsa Gifts General Manager runs the day-to-day operations of Atlohsa Gifts. This would include, but is not limited to, in-store sales, corporate sales, point-of-sale management, sales reporting, and sales forecasting, cash management, merchandising, marketing and promotions, inventory management, procurement, and loss prevention management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the languages, traditional ways, history, and cultures of the Indigenous population in the London region
• Retail management experience including sales and inventory management
• Knowledge of online sales, Shopify and procurement a definite asset
• Sales driven, development of promotions and advertising campaigns, driving traffic to store, and increasing in-store sales. Experience with social media marketing is required
• In depth experience with point-of-sale system software (Shopify an asset) and business analysis; running daily, weekly and month end performance reports, providing insights and recommendations based on results
• Budget management, accounting, and financing skills
• Merchandising experience essential
• Maintains bi-weekly shift management and scheduling
• Works closely with the Retail Manager and Events Coordinator to lead and organize retail pop-ups, bulk sales, coordinating volunteer support, inventory, setup
• Self-starter motivated to succeed while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
• Results oriented with proven ability to identify and resolve challenges quickly
• Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fully licensed driver required
• Secondary School Diploma
• Local travel may be required
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-time
REMUNERATION: Commensurate to experience
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Friday, October 22, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Individuals of Indigenous Ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Atlohsa supports diversity in all its various manifestations, however, preferences will be given to qualified, Indigenous applicants.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Atlohsa Family Healing Services Inc.
2212 Elm Ave
Southwold, ON N0L 2G0
Tel No. 519-438-0068 | Fax No.: 519-438-0070 | Email: email@example.com